What to do to close an account or access messages from a dead person on Twitter
The majority of the people are in any social network, including Twitter, being the place where we talk everyday and share thoughts, photos and videos, which serve to remind our best moments.
In case of death, family and friends want access to our Twitter accounts, whether for closed or access messages and files of those who have already left and let’s teach them how to do it.
When a Twitter user dies, his family or friends can ask the closure or sending a file with messages and material uploaded by the deceased. To do this, Twitter asks you to provide certain information to verify both the death of the person and the relationship you have with him.
To make the request to Twitter, you must send an email to the address email@example.com including the following information:
- Full name of the person making the request
- Contact details of who makes the request: Email, address, phone, etc..
- Relationship of the person making the request to the deceased friend, brother, father, uncle, etc..
- Twitter user name of the deceased person or a link to its page on Twitter
- Link to the obituary of the death or any news that appropriation of death. That is more difficult to achieve, so you can try scanning the death certificate or other official document.
If you wish, you can send data and document by mail to the following address:
c / o: Trust & Safety
795 Folsom Street, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94107
Twitter will never give passwords, just ask if you want to close the account and send us a complete record of the tweets sent, received and material that are up to the microblogging network. We recommend provide as much information as possible, in an orderly manner and using official records and verifiable.
Source: Twitter support